The FEU Folk Dance Group was formed and conceptualized in 1957 by Alejandro Roces, National Artist for Literature and then Dean of the Institute of Arts and Sciences in response to an invitation for schools to present Philippine folk dances at the Brussels World Fair of 1958.
Though the trip did not materialize initially, 100 dancers were recruited from the entire Physical Education Department under Alfredo Reyes, son of FEU Founder, Dr. Nicanor Reyes. Corazon IÃ±igo, a member of the faculty, became the dance coach.
The group made its debut in the Philippine Folk Dance Festival at the Rizal Coliseum on October 1, 1957. Of the original 100, the group was reduced to the most talented 25 members. The FDC has collaborated in performances with the Flamenco group of Clara Ramona & Company, ethnic artists Grace Nono and Bob Aves, the STEPS Dance Studio, the CHO NAM GYU SONG JONG EUN DANCE COMPANY from KOREA and dancers from the School of the Arts from Singapore.