The Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management (ITHM) of Far Eastern University offers the BS Tourism Management and BS Hotel and Restaurant Management programs. The curricula of both programs are designed to prepare graduates to be highly competent and competitive practitioners.
The programs are supported by state of the art kitchen and dining facilities, bar and demonstration rooms all designed to accustom students to professional standards in the industry. Lastly, faculty ensure that students get real world insights since all are seasoned industry practitioners.
Institute Dean: Melinda D. Torres, PhD
Associate Dean: Chef Driselle Pajuyo
- Fosters industry partnership for effective mentorship and hands on learning. (COHREP, HRAP, Barista Guild, AAHRMEI, AHEPP, UFTE).
- A well enhanced and updated curriculum program.
- Complete state of the art kitchen facilities, bar and dining room, demonstration room, hotel mock rooms and hotel lobby.
- Experienced academicians and seasoned industry practitioners to handle the students learning concerns.
The Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management is guided towards FEU’s principle to guide students in building their careers and prepare for their future.
In line with the ITHM Mission and Vision, the BS Tourism Management and BS Hotel and Restaurant Management programs aim to develop Tamaraw student’s intellectual ability, personality and managerial skills through balanced and up-to-date general education, hospitality and tourism management theories and practical training.
BS HRM and BSTM programs link theory into practice and focus on areas in hospitality and tourism management aligned with international standards. It aims to provide relevant training for its students to become work ready and globally competitive.
In order to achieve this, the Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management aims to:
· Hire ITHM faculty members who are highly qualified and are competent educators and practitioners
· Equip the students with the facilities and appropriate supplies that will broaden the knowledge and skills of students thru practical learning.
· Provide updated library acquisitions, media, journals and other technical resources to support major and professional courses.
· Provide holistic care and hospitable office and officers who will support students’ enriching experience
· Offer students and faculty members funding to engage in continuing learning and research for them to be actively involved in national and international paper presentations and publications.
· Partner with local and international hotels, restaurants, travel agencies and airlines to expose students of existing opportunities waiting for them.