Published: 11:20 am July 4, 2019 | Updated: 11:22 am July 4, 2019
FEU made a strong showing in last June’s MAFBEX and YHE.
Students from the FEU Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management came home with a number of awards from the Manila Foods and Beverages Exposition (MAFBEX) and Young Hoteliers Exposition (YHE) held last June 12 to 16, 2019 at the World Trade Center, Pasay City.
The winners include:
- Elmer Halili (BSHRM)- 3rd runner Best Coffee Concoction
- Jeff Bermejo, Jesch Bodaños, Chy Kaimo, Danna Cruz and Paulo Bolaños (BSHRM) – 2nd Runner up Food Truck Warriors
- Ralph Dulay (BSHRM) Finalist – Flair cup
- Marisheela Bermudez and Marlon Matteo 1st Runner Up Junior Chefs – (BSHRM Freshmen)
- Shekinah Masilang, Aldrin Ragas and Luis Reyes (BSHRM) 1st runner-up Food Styling & Photography
- Juliette Llamas and Jenny Co (BSHRM) 1st runner–up Vegan Cooking
- Mariz Domingo, Pauline Layson, and Clarence Sanchez (BSTM) 2nd Runner – Up In-flight Announcement and Safety Demonstration
- Jam Mercado (BSTM) – 2nd Runner – Up Virtual Tour Guiding
These students were very eager to raise the FEU ITHM flag, share their experiences and knowledge in hospitality skills in the competition, according to Associate Dean Driselle Pajuyo.
She also noted that many of achievers were Tamaraw freshmen and sophomores and the experience will further fuel their hospitality competition drive and spirit.