The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) offers “Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)” for qualified beneficiaries/dependents of OFWs around the world. The scholarship program is open to all OFWs-beneficiaries/dependents who intend to enroll in any four- to five-year baccalaureate course, in any university across the country, whether in state universities and colleges (SUCs), any Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)-accredited institution or in privately-owned tertiary or vocational institutions.
- Dependents/Beneficiaries of OFWs
- OWWA active member
- Proof of relationship to OWWA member (birth certificate of applicant or birth certificate of both the single OFW and the applicant-dependent duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
- Proof of OWWA Membership (Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Registry Division)
- Form 137/High School Report Card
- Health Certificate attesting to physical fitness of applicant
- Certificate of Good Moral Character by the school principal or guidance counselor
- Certification that applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the total graduating students issued by the school principal
- Statement of applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post secondary/undergraduate course
- Sworn statement signed by parents or legal guardians attesting that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status from any country and does not have dual citizenship
- Certificate of No Marriage from NSO for unmarried OFW
- Financial assistance amounting to up to PHP 30,000.00 per academic semester
- Submit all the requirements to OWWA.
For additional information, you may use the following contact information to get in touch with our office.
Trunkline : (02) 735-5621 to 30, local 251/295
Direct Line : (02) 736-0036
Telefax : 734-4971