FEU Research Digest (Downloadable)
Volume 6 Number 1
The University Research Center (URC) articulates the vision-mission and aspirations of Far Eastern University (FEU) through continuous research, creative works, and recognized publications. With the support of an ethical, competent, professional, and dedicated academic community, URC envisions FEU to be the leading university with strong commitment to research, innovation, and publication.
The URC commits to provide quality researches anchored on the highest ethical, academic, and professional standards. It serves as the pillar in providing sustainable support for research, creative works, and publications that will contribute to academic enhancement for community development, nation building, and global involvement.
- To develop innovative research programs that promote competence and confidence in producing research and creative works;
- To support research-related activities initiated by the institutes, departments, and individual faculty members;
- To foster research collaboration across the university, with partner institutions, and with external funding agencies;
- To facilitate the dissemination and publication of research and creative works;
- To recognize contributions which impact positively of the community; and
- To set research policies and directions for seamless management.
- Development, Monitoring, and Improvement of Policies and Processes
- Implementation of the Research Development Programs: Research Mentorship Program (RMP) and Research Capability Building (RCB)
- Management of URC Committee
- Publication of Research Digest
FEU Research Agenda
FEU provides research framework anchored on the general policies of National Higher Education Research Agenda (NHERA 2) which aims to develop interdisciplinary, policy-oriented, technology-driven researches for sustainable development. Research endeavors value collaboration, integrity, and creativity which are guided by the core values of the university – Fortitude, Excellence, and Uprightness. Aligned with the university’s commitment to sustainable urban development, the research agenda is focused on sustainability and urban studies which can be utilized in framing related policies. The interdisciplinary nature of research on sustainability covers environmental, educational, cultural, social, and economic perspectives. Similarly, urban studies utilize a variety of disciplinary lenses such as architecture, planning and settlements, culture, heritage, tourism, economics, public health, history, literature, planning, sociology and political science, which are significant in conducting policy-impact projects. The research agenda and priorities of the different institutes are under the overarching research themes of sustainability and urban studies.
- Research Mentorship Program
- Research Capability Building Program
- Interdisciplinary Research Program
- Research Collaboration through Linkage
Incentives and Benefits
- Teaching Load Equivalency
- Research Operations Budget
- Thesis and Dissertation Incentives
- Publication Incentives
Rm. 318 Science Building
+63 2 7357629 (telefax)
+63 2 8494000 loc. 223