Essay and Research Plan for MA Applicants
In preparation for academic writing, graduate student applicants are expected to submit an essay. This essay must exhibit the applicant’s readiness to engage in scholarly writing, which is a requirement in the graduate school.
Guide Questions for Essay Writing for Master’s Level:
In 500 words, answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to pursue a graduate study in your specific field?
- How do you think your research will contribute to your field? Describe its potential significance to you and to the field.
Guidelines for Doctoral Applicant’s Research Plan
Below are the criteria for full consideration of your research plan:
Research plan must be brief but clear:
- state your research topic: What is the specific topic you want to pursue? Provide at least one research question that you want to address?
- explain the purpose of your study: What does your study offer?
- explain the significance of your study: Why do you think your study is important?
- Assert the implication of your study: What conclusion can be drawn from your study? OR What do you think is the potential contribution of your study to your field?
- Describe your methodology: Who are your target participants? Describe the specific research design appropriate for your research question/s.
Graduate Studies Registration
Register and apply in the online admission application through the Admissions Website
- Fill out the Admission form.
- Select Exam Schedule.
- Print the confirmation letter.
- Pay Php 500.00 for the exam fee.
Exam result will be released one (1) week after taking the Graduate Level Test (GLT) thru email notification.
FEU Graduate / Former FEU Student
(who did not graduate but with enrollment record in FEU)
- Log-in to Student Central
- username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- password: last 4 digits of the applicant’s student number followed by the last characters of his/her family name, ALL CAPS.
- Slide cursor over to “Make Request” tab
- Select and apply for “Re-Admission”
- Wait for the approval of the Re-Admission request. Status can be checked under “View Request” tab.
- Once approved, applicant must go to ”Admission tab” select “Admission Form” then “Fill-out Admission Form” (select application type based on the evaluation).