The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) is a four-year program which provides professional business and management education for those who would like to become entrepreneurs or pursue a career in any field of business such as economics, finance, human capital management, and marketing. Prior to the program’s conception in 2009, the Institute originally offered Bachelor of Science in Commerce pursuant to Government Recognition No. 28, with major specializations in the fields of accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing.
Under the mandate of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) memorandum order (CMO) No. 39, series of 2006, the 2009 BSBA program offered major specializations in operations management, marketing management, human resource and development management, financial management, business economics, business management, internal auditing, and legal management.
The program curriculum has undergone several revisions in 2012, 2014, and in 2018 to better address the needs of the industry, recalibrate the professional course offerings, reinforce the course contents of both professional and elective courses, and align common courses with other existing programs to improve efficiency and instructional management.
Due to the implementation of the K-12 program for basic education in the Philippines, the CHED has since drafted new policies, standards, and guidelines (PSGs) for higher education programs, including business administration under CMO No. 17, series of 2017. Under this new mandate, the current BSBA program prepares graduates for management and administrative responsibilities in various enterprise settings, from small businesses to local and multinational entities, regardless of organizational structure.
BSBA currently offers five (5) specialized tracks, namely economics law, entrepreneurial management, financial management, leadership and human capital management, and marketing management. Students must complete a total of 168 credit units including 600 hours of internship.
The BSBA program has been granted Level IV accreditation status by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) and recognized by CHED as Center of Development since 2015. The program has had a total of 67 batches of graduates and 2,307 enrolled students as of 2nd Semester AY 2019-2020.
Graduates of the BSBA program are categorized under Level VI (Baccalaureate) of the Philippine Qualifications Framework (PQF) with qualification code number 60413, as well as the ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF).
The program welcomes all interested students from any senior high school track who pass the FEU College Admission Test.
Click the sections below to learn more about this program.
Business Administration Department Vision and Mission
In fulfillment of the vision to be the preferred business school in Asia, we shall produce business professionals capable of making critical and strategic decisions, while utilizing effective communication skills, data analytics, digital information literacy, people-relation skills, and leadership skills.
The BA Educational Philosophy and Goals
To realize the vision and mission of the program, the Business Administration department endeavors to:
- Deliver excellent and quality instruction by:
- Incorporating the core values of the university in theory and practice;
- Maintaining a contemporary curriculum that provide opportunities for interaction between industry and academia;
- Allowing students to actively participate in the learning process;
- Incorporating the use of smart technology in preparation for the cyber-physical systems commonly used in various industries.
- Add value to the community through:
- Increased visible leadership of business administration graduates in the industry;
- Incorporating good governance and corporate social responsibility theories and philosophies in all BA courses
- Engagement in community development of the BA department through volunteerism;
- Ensure employability, leadership, and upright corporate governance by:
- Developing students through a holistic education approach, combining academic with extra-curricular activities to improve communication and social skills;
- Developing leadership programs designed to prepare students for the corporate and entrepreneurial environment;
- Consistently challenging students to stand out and assert themselves with fortitude through meaningful and engaging activities.
- Strong research engagement by faculty members through:
- Motivating faculty members to conduct inter-disciplinary research studies;
- Providing a clear set of research objectives and agenda;
- Providing facilities and resources to conduct meaningful research studies for presentation and publication.
- Produce capable, globally competitive, and professional business administration graduates by:
- Exposing students to activities that necessitate critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Allowing students to work in diverse teams leading them to improved and more accurate group thinking;
- Establishing linkages with local and global universities and benchmarking to adopt best practices.
- Strengthen industry linkages and partnerships.
- Continuously train and develop faculty members and non-teaching personnel.
- Consistently enhance learning facilities, acquire relevant equipment, and adopt the latest available educational technology for both faculty and students.