By 2028, the University Research Center (URC) will be recognized as one of the research hubs in the country that nurtures a culture of support for researchers and leads studies in achieving seven (7) the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The University Research Center (URC) is the unit that oversees research and creative-works programs and projects, coordinates with research partners, and strengthen culture in research and creative works which generates knowledge and innovation that contribute to local, national, and global development.
In the pursuit of the vision and mission, the URC commits to:
- Implement the university research agenda, policies, and guidelines that will strengthen research and creative-works culture through increased productivity.
- Manage research and creative works centers and committees that regulate productivity and quality of projects.
- Organize interdisciplinary research teams addressing the UN, DOST HNRDA, and PDP priority areas.
- Collaborate with the institutes, offices, and units in actualizing the university and institutes’ research agenda.
- Establish, expand, and sustain external partnerships and resources.
- Strengthen the capacity of researchers and scholars through capacity-building programs and other research-related activities.
- Provide support and opportunities that allow for discussion, dissemination, and/or commercialization of research outcomes and innovations.
FEU Research Agenda for 2023-2028
Far Eastern University is committed to the university’s interdisciplinary thrust of contributing to the country’s development and sustainability through the fulfillment of seven (7) of United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. The university also aligns with the Department of Science and Technology’s Harmonized National Research and Development Agenda, and the Philippine Development Plan by 2028. FEU recognizes that solutions to the most complex problems require efforts from multiple disciplines. Further, it commits itself to collaborate with government and non-government agencies as it works across institutes and across universities to find global, workable, and sustainable solutions with realistic impact to local problems in health, poverty, environment, education, and disasters through research and creative works.
Directions of URC for 2023-2028
The URC aims to fulfill its mission and vision through the realization of the following:
The Research Agenda Framework
The Research Agenda Framework
The university research center recognizes the profound alignment between the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs), the Philippine Development Plan (PDP), and the Department of Science and Technology’s Health and Nutrition Research and Development Agenda (DOST-HNRDA). The URC is dedicated to empowering the institutes and FEU’s stakeholders by providing comprehensive support through grants, incentives, and research capacity building programs among others, with the aim of advancing research and fostering creative works. Through the collaborative efforts of the URC and the institutes, a shared commitment emerges to realize the research agenda by producing interdisciplinary studies and creative works that meaningfully contribute to the attainment of the SDGs.
Figure 1. FEU URC Research Agenda Framework