The Student Discipline is tasked to develop, monitor, implement, and improve policies and processes pertaining to the code of conduct of all types of students. It provides consultancy, case reports, and complaint desk for violations incurred by students through:
- Referrals and incident reports from FEU stakeholders;
- Written or walk-in complaints from fellow students; and
- Caught –in-the-act violations.
To address these complaints and violations, SD conducts an investigation through its discipline officers and/or Ad Hoc Committee and through conference with parents. It provides resolution of cases and recommendation in coordination with Guidance and Counseling and Health Services and monitoring of the implementation of student discipline resolutions and recommendations in coordination with program heads and deans. SD also manages the students’ welfare desk such as cases of lost and found, uniform exemption, request for ID, student complaints, handling and disposal of confiscated items, handling of incident reports, viewing of CCTV. SD is the office in charge of records management of students’ violations, blocking/unblocking of students in the FEU computer system, issuance of clearance from violations, and of certificate of good moral character.
Student Discipline aims through its just implementation of the Student Code of Conduct to help maintain a wholesome safe, orderly, and peaceful FEU campus. It takes a formative stance in inspiring FEU students to grow in discipline towards their full holistic development.
The Student Discipline aims, through its just implementation of the Student Code of Conduct, to help maintain a wholesome, safe, orderly, and peaceful FEU campus. It takes a formative stance in inspiring FEU students to grow in discipline towards their full holistic development. The Student Discipline (SD) has the following core processes:
- Development, Monitoring and Improvement of Policies and Processes
- Development and Dissemination of the Students’ Code of Conduct
- Implementation of Approved Students’ Code of Conduct
- Management of Students’ Desk
- Student Discipline Records Management
- Clearance of Transfer Students
- Issuance of Student Clearances and Certificates of Good Moral Character
- Preparation of Management Report
- Conduct of Research-based Evaluation
Student Discipline is committed to facilitate the development of the student’s moral character and personal discipline through modes of conduct consistent with the University core values of Fortitude, Excellence and Uprightness, and the fundamental values of honesty, fairness, integrity and justice.
Towards this ends, the SD renders the following services:
- Formulates and recommends to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Services (AVPAS) and/or the University President policies on the conduct of the students.
- Implements the Student Code of Conduct and recommends the appropriate disciplinary action against offenders to the proper University authorities.
- Sits in the different committees of the University
- Monitors student behavior in community services projects, functions and other University approved activities.
- Serves as students’ desk, tasked to resolve/address students concerns.
The Tamaraw Advocacies, Learning Experiences and Services (TALES) provides meaningful firsthand and vicarious alternative learning experiences such as community immersion, charity work, literacy program, film viewing, etc. This program that supports the holistic development of students is part of Far Eastern University’s formative and responsive approach by providing options for those who need to render community service hours due to violations of the Student Code of Conduct.