The University prohibits membership of its students in fraternities, sororities, and other organizations operating within the University premises which are not recognized by FEU.
As a pre-requisite for admission to the University, all freshmen and transferee students are required to execute the Statement and Undertaking which states the following:
- The student is not a member of any organization operating within the University premises which is not registered with the Far Eastern University;
- For the duration of the student’s stay in the University, the student shall not join and or shall not participate in any organization not recognized by the University;
- The student acknowledges and understands that the student’s admission into the University is a privilege, and that the University has the right and authority to choose the persons or individuals that may be admitted as students of the University;
- The student acknowledges and understands that the University has likewise the authority to prescribe rules and regulations governing non-membership of the students in any organization in the University. Pursuant to its right to academic freedom, the University may withhold recognition to organizations whose existence is considered inimical to the maintenance of peace and order in the school campus;
- The student recognizes and accepts that the student’s continued stay in the University is subject to compliance with prescribed disciplinary rules and regulations, especially those on non-membership in fraternities, sororities or organizations not recognized by the University, the policies relating to prohibited drugs and substances, and the policies relating to other illegal and immoral activities that may destroy the integrity of the University;
- The student undertakes to abide by whatever University rules and regulations;
- The student understands that the University can dismiss the student if the student is found to have falsely certified to any conditions of this Statement and Undertaking; and
- The student executes and submits the Statement and Undertaking as a prerequisite of the student ‘s admission in the University.
The Statement and Undertaking shall be signed by the student and his/her parents or guardian.